Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish


Monday, February 2, 2009

Police investigating case of girl who stole Rf 7,000 using stolen Cash Card

haveeru
The Maldives Police Service is investigating the case of a young girl who had stolen Rf 7,000 from an ATM using someone else’s stolen Cash Card.

A Police Media Official said on Sunday that they were not at liberty to reveal any details about the case as the case was still under investigation. However he did say that he could confirm the girl who was being investigated in connection to the case was a very well-known girl who had acted in several music videos.

The owner of the Cash Card is a girl employed at the Duty Free shop in Hulhulé. She said that the money had been taken from her account on the night of 29 January and that her Cash Card had been stolen from her wallet by a female co-worker.

“She is a very beautiful and famous girl,” the owner of the Cash Card said. “She has acted in many video songs. When I used my Card at the ATM that evening to see if my salary had been deposited she was standing very close to me. She even saw the amount of cash that was in the account. When I kept the wallet behind at office when I went on a break, she was still there at the office. After finishing my shift I came back to Malé and since I was sick the next day I called in sick at the office and decided to go to the hospital that afternoon. When I tried to pay after getting a queue number for the doctor, I realized the Cash Card was missing.”

After that she had called her office mates to ask if they had seen the Card and when she had called her co-worker who had stolen the Card, she found that the girl had changed her mobile phone number.

“I decided to go to her place then and while on the way I called up the Bank,” the girl said. “The Bank said that Rf 5,000 had been taken from the account the previous night after 12:00am and that another Rf 1,600 transaction had been made at Le Cute that evening. When I confronted her at her house she denied it. When I threatened to take everyone at the office to the Police she finally admitted to stealing the Card and the money but asked that I not reveal her crime to the Office. She was holding and embracing me out on the road and asking me to not tell anyone.”

She further said that the girl had even handed over Rf 3,000 of the money that she hadn’t used up yet and said that she had no idea how much of it she had used.

“According to her she had stolen more than Rf 7,000,” the girl said on Sunday. “She has returned the Card also. The Police asked her to return the money before 12:00am tonight.”

No comments: